Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Camping in the snow



Picture from our backyard.
Tyler went with his
scout troop last friday
they started at the
bottom of the mountain on
Fri. and went up a few
miles and set up camp.
Then sat. they hiked
in the snow for 6 miles.

7 comments:

Janell said...

I just can't believe all of the snow Utah has gotten this year. Jeff said he love his scout camping trips back in the day. Hope you had a good time, Ty.

mjewett said...

Tyler, I think your gear weighs more than you. Did you really hike all the way up the mountain shown in the pic? JK....anyway you're awesome and handsome (grandma's are allowed to say that.
Love ya, Gmop

Lara said...

Utah mountains must be beautiful to go hiking in. Am I right? Tyler looks like a real trooper!!

Susan said...

Yeah, doesn't this whole snow thing suck. It's supposed to be SPRING, not WINTER.

shanda said...

I can't belive that they went camping in this kind of weather that had to be cold. Hikeing that does not sound like fun. I bet he burned a lot of calories that day.

Foster Family said...

the snow was'nt to bad till we got close to the top. the weather was fine, I sleep without a tent. the only problem was the wind, it just about knocked me over on the hike but it was awesome to look over Davis county. I had the right gear and it was'nt to heavy. thanks for the comments, hope I answered all questions. Tyler

Stacy Lacy said...

Tyler - so I think you should take the whole family on a hike next time we're all in UT and show us what it is like. Uncle Jason would LOVE it!!! I might complain a little, but if you knock me up the side of the head a few times I might keep my complaints to myself. I really miss you Tyler!!! Love, Aunt Stacy