
One year ago today my dear,
sweet, kind, funny "Grandfather"
passed away. I miss him terribly.
I have so many awesome memories
with him. I loved going to the
Haneli Hotel in San Diego. I loved
riding in the back of his station-
wagon. I loved looking out the
window of the house on Poplar street
waiting for his milk truck to come
home. He would let me help unload his
truck and I got to pick one treat.
Our family was so lucky to have
Grandma and Grandfather move within
a mile from us in 2003. We loved
going to the $1 store, hometown buffet,
church and church activities, Dr. appt's
and Albertsons together. We had many
root beer floats and watermelon parties.
We also had many wiffle ball games in their
backyard. We just had lots of time to visit
and laugh together.
I miss being able to to these
things today but I am sure greatful for
the awesome memories I have. I Love you
"Grandfather!"
5 comments:
My tears turn to joy as we remember the precious moments spent with our Father/Grandfather.
Thank you so much for sharing. I love and miss him more every day. To quote a speaker from Sacrament Meeting on Fathers Day, "By knowing our earthly father, we have received a glimpse of our Heavenly Father". We are so blessed to have had "Grandfather" as the Patriarch of our family.
I love you Dad!
What a nice tribute. Remember the marble game as well as all the games in the bench on the patio. Good times!
I thought about him today, too. I can't believe a year has passed already. As grandfathers go, he was up their with the best!
What a sweet tribute Lisa! He was an amazing Grandfather/Great Grandfather and he is truly missed!
That was a great story about Grandfather DeVries. I do remember the rootbeer floats and watermelon. Boy, was it fun and we always played Problem Solution. I love you Grandfather!
Love,
Kelsey F.
Post a Comment